New Haven Baggage Car #3841
This wooden baggage car was built by the Osgood-Bradley Company in Worcester, MA in October 1906 as horse and carriage car #3068. It was rebuilt by the Readville, Mass. Shops of the New Haven RR in June 1927 as a baggage car with a steel underframe and renumbered #3841. It was used as work train car W-186 and assigned to Maybrook, NY in March 1949. It was replaced in October 1967.
The car arrived at Essex in September 1972 and was moved to the museum in November 1993. Restoration plans include repainting it in New Haven Hunter Green colors.
There's no museum history for this asset, yet.