The turntable was used to turn the steam engines and also to direct the engines to various stalls in the roundhouse. The original 60 foot Armstrong bridge and hardware were removed for scrap at the beginning of World War II. A replacement turntable was located and purchased in 1994 from the Edaville Corporation. This 1886 patent turntable was built around the turn of the century by the Boston Bridge Works and was located at the Boston and Albany Railroad facility in Dudley, Mass.
This is a 60 foot manually operated wrought iron turntable. It has gone through some major restoration and is now operational. Come down for a demonstration on Saturdays at 1:00.
There's no museum history for this asset, yet.